Shahil - Playing tournaments after long time

Hello Fellow Members! Hope all of you are doing well :slight_smile:

I am starting to play tournaments again… First one starting this Saturday from Hungary… 2 close GM in Hungary then will play 4 open tournaments in Serbia… Here are the links-
1st- Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - SixDays Budapest May 2023 GM-A
2nd-Dont have link yet…
3rd- Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - SILVER LAKE 2023 OPEN A
4th- Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - VOJVODINA OPEN 2023 - 8.000 € PRIZE FUND!
5th- Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - International Tournament “Paracin 2023” - OPEN A
6th- Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - SERBIA OPEN 2023 - СРБИЈА ОПЕН 2023 - 35.000 € prize fund - MASTERS section

Hope to do really well! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good luck Shahil!

2 Likes

That is going to be a long run! :slight_smile:
Good luck Shahil.

2 Likes

I will be playing in the B-group of the first tournament. Looking forward to seeing you there!

4 Likes

Hi Shahil,

I hope you do really well also. You deserve to do well!

You can follow Shahil in the first GMA tournament below, and as recently discussed in another post, he beat GM Gergely Aczel 2528 in rd 2 with 1.c4 and 2.g3 :slight_smile:

SixDays Budapest May GMA 2023 (chessbase.com)

3 Likes

All the very best, Shahil!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, Brendan! Also, @manish_anto.cristian is playing in the same tournament!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I finished half a point short of the norm. I had many missed chances, especially in the last round. Hopefully, I can do better next time. It was nice talking to Shahil for a bit. Best of luck in the rest of your tournaments Shahil!

3 Likes

Thanks Andy!

1 Like

Andy, the positive is that you were close to the norm and the 14 ELO towards 2500 will be useful. I think it is just a matter of playing and the norms will come very soon. :smiley:

4 Likes

Actually, 5 of the 10 players in that tournament are/have been members. And we know that sooner or later, the title will come, for all of you.

1 Like

My second tournament is done… scored 6 of 9 and gained 25 rating points

5 Likes

Arthur Guo, another member, got his 2nd Consecutive GM norm, and is now a GM-elect with 3 GM norms and a FIDE rating of 2485!

5 Likes

That’s a line I keep looking forward to reading about every member :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well Done Shahil

3 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

Shahil is playing well at the VOJVODINA OPEN 2023, he is on 6/7 and on board 1 today. Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - VOJVODINA OPEN 2023 - A group

2 Likes

Hello! hope everyone is doing fine…
One more tournament I am playing…
here is the link to it- Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - 2nd International Tournament “Arandjelovac 2023”

2 Likes

Hello My tournaments are over…after 7 tournaments…my rating became 2361 from 2316 with k10

2 Likes

could have been much better…today i lost the last round horribly blundering a piece :expressionless: