CAMP: AN INVESTIGATION OF CHESS STRATEGY

Originally published at: https://killerchesstraining.com/2023/08/28/camp-an-investigation-of-chess-strategy/

Dear friends, it is camp week!

From this Thursday, the 31st of August, we will have a four-day camp with GM Sam Shankland called AN INVESTIGATION OF CHESS STRATEGY. As usual, the first hour will be open to all members, while the remaining hours each day will only be available to those who have purchased it or received it through recently buying a yearly membership. You can buy the camp here and you can buy/renew your yearly membership here.

Normally it is easy to work out if you are entitled to a free camp (you join/renew for a year and you get the next camp that happens for free), but this summer it is a bit less obvious. So please follow this explanation:

If you were already a member on the 20th of February 2023 and have renewed your membership since then, you get Sam’s camp (AN INVESTIGATION OF CHESS STRATEGY) for free. Kallia and Raluca will put the camp in your accounts by Wednesday. It’s a manual procedure, there are many of you, so even if mistakes are only at 1%, we will miss 2-3 people. If you think we missed you, please send us a message!

If you joined between the announcement of Jacob’s camp (25th of June) and the end of it (14th of July), you got the Positional Play camp with Jacob Aagaard for free. Those who were members before the 25th of June got it for free without it counting as their yearly membership bonus camp; it was our gift to our existing members!

If you joined/renewed after the 14th of July, Kallia and Raluca will put the camp in your accounts by Wednesday. It’s a manual procedure, there are many of you, so even if mistakes are only at 1%, we will miss 2-3 people. If you think we missed you, please send us a message 🙂

There is still a chance to sign up, of course, for those who want! Go here to do so.

Killer Chess Training Open

There are still plenty of spaces for entry to KCT Open in Copenhagen 14-22 October. The minimum Elo rating is 2100, but wild cards are available for members a bit shy of this. Read more here.

Homework Club

As not all have read the previous emails and posts, we have changed our policy and you can now submit both homeworks, should you want to.

Playing Position

Renier will do a playing position on Saturday the 9th of September at 15.00 London time. Please follow the instructions here to join our Lichess team.

Results

Our friend Sethuraman won the Indian Championship with a sensational 9.5/11. He has no connection to the academy, but we all love him and are happy for him. A lot of members participated, some did well, some less so.

Viktor Haarmark Nielsen and Nicolai Kistrup both showed great play in a closed IM-tournament in Denmark. Viktor won with 6.5/9, Nicolai came second with 6/9. Sadly, the requirement for a norm was 7/9.

We noticed other results, but have to apologise and say that we have not managed to write them down properly. It was a busy week! Please share your results on the Forum. It is inspiring to others to see you play!

Your friends,
Jacob, Kallia, and Sam

1 Like

Dear Kallia,

I’m a new member, I bought the yearly membership on May 19/20 (I registered around midnight, so I don’t know it exactly when :smiley: ), yet I don’t have access to Sam’s camp. Could you please add me manually?

Thank you very much for your help,

Balázs

1 Like

Hi Balazs! Added now, sorry, I had missed you! Thank you for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Raluca, Could you check that I’ve been added as I renewed my membership in March - though it is my wedding anniversary so I’ll be in trouble if I watch too much today!! Thanks Malcolm

1 Like

Hi Malcolm, congratulations on your anniversary! Kallia has already replied to your email, could you check that? Thank you.

Hello
Unfortunately I am still not able to join Sams Camp. I inquired two times to support and did not get any answer , which is very unusual , so I am trying my luck in the forum ….

1 Like

Hi Boris, I’ve just sent you a message.

Could you give me access to this camp too, please? :slight_smile:

@croflash, you already got the “2023 Bloody Christmas Camp with GM Jacob Aagaard”!

Ah, ok. I also couldn’t find an option to purchase this course though. Is this intended?

1 Like

NO! https://killerchesstraining.com/product/turbocharge-your-tactics-chess-camp/

2 Likes