GM Renier Castellanos!

Originally published at: GM Renier Castellanos! - Killer Chess Training

GM Renier Castellanos!

Dear members,

We are thrilled to announce that Renier Castellanos has achieved the esteemed title of Grandmaster! Defying conventional expectations, he has proven that it’s never too late to accomplish great feats in chess. His recent accomplishment of securing the final GM norm at the age of 41 is a testament to his unwavering dedication and serves as a profound source of inspiration for all of us.

Emulate Renier’s dedication: commit to your weekly chess homework and keep training!

Don’t miss the opportunity to join us for a special session tomorrow, at **17:30 UK time**, where Renier himself will share the story of his remarkable journey to becoming a Grandmaster. We will try to put the class on Youtube live, and if we do, we will send out another newsletter, hoping each and everyone of you will help us by putting it on social media! Speaking of social media, follow us here on Facebook, instagram, twitter.

We know how to train you! If you are ever looking for specific advice on training strategies, resources, or just want to discuss more about chess and its intricacies, feel free to reach out. It’s always great to see the chess community grow and thrive, fueled by stories of dedication like that of Renier’s.

See you in class!

Your friends from Killer Chess Training

11 Likes

Congrats to Coach Renier!

2 Likes

Congratulations🎊, Renier Sir!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! @RenierChess sir

2 Likes

Brilliant - following your progress through the tournament I did wonder whether there was any possibility. Many congratulations - and I hope your final victory will mean the English members of the academy will be marked with great generosity in future homework😂.

4 Likes

Fantastic, well done Renier!! Richly deserved.

2 Likes

Hahahahaahahahahahahha nice try!

Congrats Renier! It must be quite the feeling after such a long time.

2 Likes

Congratulations! @RenierChess sir

2 Likes

Congratualations @RenierChess Sir! Really really happy and thrilled for you!

2 Likes

Enhorabuena Renier! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats to Renier . He is a very nice person and an instructive teacher. I am very happy that he inspired many adult improvers as well .

3 Likes

Congrats @RenierChess! I saw you had rating around 2500 for about 20years. I’m curious how was it, were you trying to get GM norms for that long, or just focused on it more recently?

2 Likes

It is a too long story to write here but I will be talking about it in the Perpetual Podcast soon!

Thanks everyone for the messages. I really appreciate it

5 Likes

Well done Renier, a great achievement. enjoy your moment of success.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like