Ntirlis: English Middlegame Strategies

Will Nikolaos cover the new KID lines in his book eg with 7…h6 instead of 7…Nc6 by Black and the trendy line in the e5 English where Black sacs a pawn 1c4 e5 2 Nc3 Nf6 3 Nf3 e4 4 Ng5 with c6?

1 Like

@nikos.ntirlis

Not sure that I understand the reply?

Also when I download the pdf , there is only the first day’s lecture with 13 slides and none of the other days lectures?

By the way, the course is absolutely fascinating!

1 Like

I tagged Nikos so that he will see the post and come and reply :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Could someone investigate the download problem with the slides that I have please : only the first of six sets of slides is downloading.

Many thanks!

Hi, where are the slides located, chesstempo?

Hi the download is on the first page that you access having bought the course :

english-middlegame-strategies-with-nikolaos-ntirlis

In the centre it says “Click here to download the pdf” but this only downloads the slides for the first lecture

1 Like

Thanks Russell

It is possible that there are no more slides as Nikos seems to generally have put up positions without slides after the second lecture?

1 Like

Hey!

Yes, all theoretical lines in the KID are covered! The book goes to print soon.

The slides are only for the first lecture.

2 Likes

Thanks Nikos. I am really looking forward to studying the book, having almost finished the 6 lectures in as many days. I am sure that I will dip back into them as I study the book as your explanations are simply excellent!

1 Like

Can I check whether, after your book is published, this forum is where we can post comments and questions as we experience playing the repertoire in practice or is there a different forum?

I ask as I did not listen live at the Camp where there was online questions and comments but have only now bought the course.

Many thanks

1 Like

Yes please. I’ll appreciate it it you do!

1 Like

That is terrific Nikos! I have been gently trying out some lines (symmetrical English and KID) in blitz online ( I am rated around 2350) and find the positions fascinating, I particularly like the Bayonet variation- White’s position is much less prone to successful Black assault while the Queenside play is very clear.

I expect to dip into the lectures to support the book over the coming months

2 Likes

Hi Nikos! QC has published the extract today with the book available in about 6 weeks time we hope.

A couple of questions on the index:

is 1 c4 Nf6 2 Nf3 e6 3 g3 b6 so a QID covered ?

And in the KID are 6 … Bg4 and 6…Na6 covered as the index only shows 6…e5 and c5?

There is very considerable interest building in the book

QC has now said that the QID line has been omitted by mistake but it is the 7h4 Sargissian plan ? It does not seem to be in the course notes for this lecture series either? QC may release this as a separate pdf

Hi Nikos,
I bought the book: do you suggest to integrate it with your English middle game course?
Thank you and compliments for your clarity as an author
Atto Billio-Italy