Unexpected quality issues with purchased course - Lack of quality control or deliberate decision?

I recently bought two courses in the killer chess training shop. One of them was so good, I immediately bought another one. But unfortunately the second one is very disappointing until now.
While the content is very good, production value is exceptionally poor. I cannot imagine how this one was put up for sale for 49€ given the fact that the sound drops out regularly in the first few videos. Because of this, I have a hard time following the course.
I understand that these are recorded sessions but given the steep price for the course (compared to other sites),
So question is : were these released on purpose as is and is this implied in the way killer chess training works (recording of live videos) or were these just accidents?

Dear Wim,

I have been watching for the last hour of the course.
I encountered no problem on the first video, no problem at all!
It has been almost 3 years since that video (Understanding Static Elements in Chess), and as you will see on the next ones, Salgado’s internet improved :slight_smile: And no, no one else has ever mentioned a problem in the last 3 years, so I didn’t know.
I noticed a problem with videos No 2 and video No 4. The rest seemed ok in the 3 minutes interval I sampled.
But I understand where you are coming from, so I have refunded you 50% and I have put the course on sale because the chess is great.
Thank you for your feedback!
Kind regards,
Kallia

1 Like

Hi thank you for your reply and the partial refund. As I said , content was good, but was in video about schematic thinking 1 , that audio was dropping out regularly throughout the video. I suggest a remake of the series in a studio and I would definitely buy it (again)

1 Like

Hello @wim.peers
I think the audio was dropping because it was the same as in the live class also as Ivan’s Internet connection was unstable if I remember correctly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, Shahil, that is true.
In the pre-pandemic days, zoom was still a small company and in no way perfect. So, an unstable connection resulted in bad sound.
They are much better now, but I would have preferred this to happen without going through the pandemic!
@wim.peers, Shahil here has attended every class in the last 3 years. You can ask him about his experience!

1 Like

Thank you for the support. Looking forward to learn more on the site here.

1 Like