January 2022 in KCT

Originally published at: https://killerchesstraining.com/2022/01/08/january-2022-in-kct/

Bloody Christmas – the leftovers

With a busy weekend this week and next, we have pushed the final segments of the Bloody Christmas Camp till Saturday the 22nd of January. On that day, we will do an interactive practice session at 5 pm London, and at 6.30 pm we will go through the 10 position-bonus homework for the camp.

A few participants signed up for a monthly membership, which would have ended just before this session, so we extended it to include the 22nd of January.

Both lessons are open to all members. Submission of the Bonus Homework by Thursday 20th 4 pm. Find the homework on both the Bloody Christmas 2021 pages.

The Bullet Championship starts today

The first of 4 heats are at 4 pm today. The best three performances count towards qualification for the matches.

Kushal Jani leads the Blitz championship, strongly supported by already playing three tournaments.

Join by applying with your name, rating, and membership email at https://lichess.org/team/killer-chess-training-internal-tournaments

Notice that once you join the team, you still have to join the tournaments to play. Please do not join far in advance, as people tend to get caught up in other stuff and not show up. No shows will get minus points going forward.

Classes in January

All your favourite instructors are in action. Ivan Cheparinov is confirmed for a series of Wednesdays, Michael Adams on Thursdays, Ivan Salgado on the 15th, and of course Renier Castellanos with Killer Openings on Mondays, Sabino Brunello with one session on the Style of the World Champions on the 19th. Also back is Conceptual Rook Endings on Sunday evenings. Starting tomorrow at 5 pm! (At 6 pm we have the tournament!) and not 6 as previously announced.
Bonus visit this month, on the 12th of January GM Ivan Sokolov is visiting the academy to present us his latest book Magnus Carlsen’s Middlegame Evolution. Invite your friends to join this lecture for free by providing them this link: https://forms.gle/1Zy5rhLAF4is5dNQ7

In action

Lots of you have been playing tournaments.
The ones you told us about in the forum include a not-so-great start for 2022 for TnT (Tarun and Trisha) and a great opportunity for Zhuo Ren to apply what he learned in Bloody Christmas this year!
Tuomo played two tournaments in Spain in December (El Llobregat and Sitges) and we quote him from the forum: “The results and the rating performances are what they are, but especially in the second tournament, some of my games were already somehow satisfactory. I managed to use some Nikos opening files, I even calculated a few critical positions correctly, but of course I made too many mistakes masters never make. So the second Killer year is probably doctor’s order”.

Share where you are playing in the forum and meet up with your classmates, like Robert and Gautam who are both playing in the Liberty Bell Open!

Coming up Sam Shankland will play in Wijk aan Zee and Volodar Murzin will be playing the B-group. Sabino Brunello will play in Gibraltar.

Your friends at Killer chess Training,
Jacob, Sam, and Kallia

1 Like